Benefits of Humidifiers
Clean up your air with a commercial humidifier
Part of keeping your staff members happy and healthy is investing in the air quality of your facility. Purchasing a commercial humidifier is a great way to keep the air you breathe clean, healthy, and free from issues that cause sick time and force workers to take time off. There are numerous benefits to installing a commercial humidifier in your building. We’ve listed some of the most pertinent ones below—take the time to learn about how a humidifier can be a boon for your facility.
- Health Benefits: Low humidity and poor air quality can do more damage to your health than you think. Issues stemming from bad indoor air quality include coughing, dry throats, irritated eyes, problems with contact lenses, excessive runny noses, nose bleeds, cracked lips, irritated skin, headaches, dehydration, colds, and flu. If any of your employees suffers from asthma, eczema, arthritis, and allergies, bad air quality can have serious effects. Humidifiers provide a relatively easy-to-maintain level of between 30% and 50% humidity, keeping your entire building at a comfortable level. Humidifiers also offer:
- Dust elimination
- Mold-risk mitigation
- Improved energy levels (stemming from healthy airflow)
- Reduced risk of causing and aggravating health problems
- Reduced risk of spreading bacteria and viruses
- Cost-savings: Energy-saving humidifiers can save you money as well, contrary to popular belief. If you think that installing more equipment in addition to your existing AC unit is going to be too costly, consider this; humidifiers require minimal energy and water consumption and don’t necessitate frequent maintenance. They can go a long way toward decreasing the chances of equipment issues stemming from poor air quality. Several types of humidifiers and air purifiers allow your air conditioner and heating system to operate more efficiently.
- Static electricity prevention: If your facility uses electronics or flammable chemicals, excessive static electricity from overly low humidity can cause serious damage. Being able to control the humidity is a great way to mitigate the risk commonly associated with static electricity.
- Dust suppression: With humidifiers, your employees will be more protected from harmful dust particles than ever before.
- Optimal humidity year-round: One of the hardest parts of working in sub-optimal climates (too hot, too cold, whichever) is maintaining air quality year-round. Humidifiers allow you to enjoy the benefits of good, clean air, no matter what the weather’s like outside.
Which industries would benefit the most from installing a humidifier?
If you work in any of these specific industries, you stand to benefit significantly from the installation of a commercial humidifier. Check out our insightful list below of which industries are a great fit.
- Museums, galleries, and libraries
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Office environments
- Automotive facilities
- Textile facilities
- Printing companies
- Woodworking spaces
- Schools and other learning institutions
- Cold storage
- Clean rooms, laboratories, and pharmaceutical facilities
Share This Post
Air Comfort’s mission is to work closely with customers to provide a true “comfort level” for their businesses, with uninterrupted performance and round-the-clock reliability.