HVAC System Types
The Four HVAC System Types
Optimizing your indoor air quality with your commercial and industrial HVAC equipment is critical for your employee’s health. Make sure that you’re up-to-date on which system is right for your facility with our helpful guide. We’ve outlined four unique HVAC systems that can help you achieve optimal airflow.
Heating and Air Conditioning Split System
Split systems are the most popular model of heating and air conditioning systems. Traditionally, split systems have parts on the inside and outside of your facility. HVAC split systems offer:
- An air conditioner that cools the refrigerant
- Furnaces and a fan or evaporator coil to convert the refrigerant and circulate the air
- Ducts that helps airflow throughout your building
- A user-friendly control panel and thermostat for simple system management
- The occasional optional accessories for quality indoor air such as air cleaners, purifiers, humidifiers, and UV lamps
Hybrid Heat Split System
The hybrid heat split system is an advanced version of the classic HVAC split system, boasting improved energy efficiency. The heat pump allows the option of having an electrically-fueled HVAC above the typical gas furnaces. A hybrid heat split system offers:
- A heat pump that heats or cools the refrigerant
- Furnaces plus the evaporator coil for conversion of the refrigerant and circulation of air
- The ducts to channel the air around your building
- Simple interface for adjusting and controlling the system
- Optional accessories for superior indoor air quality
Duct-Free Split Heating & Air Conditioning System
A duct-free HVAC provides a viable alternative for installations in places conventional systems won’t necessarily fit. They’re also ideal complements to existing ducted types of HVAC systems. Duct-free systems offer:
- The heat pump or an air conditioner to heat\cool the refrigerant
- A compact fan coil
- Wires and tubing for the refrigerant, connecting the outdoor unit to the fan coil
- User-friendly control panels
- Optional accessories to cleanse airflow for peak quality
Packaged Heating & Air Conditioning System
A packaged HVAC system is the solution for facilities without adequate spaces for all the separate multiple components of the split systems. Packaged heating and air conditioning systems adjust accordingly to confined spaces, all in one package. Packaged HVAC systems offer:
- The air conditioner/heat pump together with the evaporator/fan coil in one unit
- Thermostat/control interface for a complete control of the system
- Optional air quality modifications. Accessories including air purifiers, cleansers, ventilators, and UV lamps help circulate clean air.
Choosing the right HVAC system for your facility can be a complicated process without the right resources. Air Comfort specializes in delivering unique HVAC solutions that fit your budget, spacing requirements, and desired air quality. Don’t ever compromise the quality of your facility’s air; to find out how our solutions can revitalize the air you breathe, reach out to our team today.
Share This Post
Air Comfort’s mission is to work closely with customers to provide a true “comfort level” for their businesses, with uninterrupted performance and round-the-clock reliability.