HVAC Repair vs. Replacement
When deciding whether to go with an HVAC repair or a holistic HVAC system replacement, the answer is rarely clear-cut. Some warning signs that your heating or air conditioning system may need to be repaired or replaced include:
- AC blowing warm air
- Heat system blowing cool air
- Weak airflow
- More vent noise than usual
- Continuous running
- High interior humidity
- Rising utility bills
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to give your HVAC contractor a call. While you may not want to have to pay for an HVAC service call, you’ll end up having to spend more money in the long run if you keep putting it off. A contractor will work with you to understand the benefits and drawbacks of your options between repairing or replacing your HVAC equipment. If you’ve ever found yourself having to consider between repair or replacement, here’s a little more information to provide clarity for the decision-making process. Even if you haven’t been in this situation, a little knowledge can go a long way to saving your business money.
Key Factors to Consider
- Lifetime: The first question to ask is how long your existing HVAC system has been operating. From there, compare the recommended manufacturer lifetimes to the age of your equipment. If you’ve surpassed the recommended lifetimes, you can get on needing frequent emergency commercial HVAC services if you choose only to replace individual components. On the other hand, if your system is well under recommended lifespans, you can likely extend the life of your existing infrastructure by repairing only the components that have failed.
- The Frequency of Breakdowns: If your system is frequently breaking down, you’ve either exceeded recommended manufacturer lifetimes or the system demands are too high for your infrastructure. System loads peak during the hottest and coldest times of the year. If your system is breaking down when you need it most, you likely need to start considering a replacement because repair will only do so much to compensate for peak load demands.
- Inconsistent Climate Control: Depending on how well your current system can handle typical heating and cooling loads, a simple upgrade can sometimes provide the simple solution you need. If you experience uneven temperatures in a small part of a facility, an update may be all that’s necessary. On the other hand, if you experience inconsistent temperatures throughout your facility, it may be time to consider a holistic HVAC replacement.
- Noise: Excessive noise is typically a sign that your system is running inefficiently or waiting to break down. Because a loud HVAC system stifles productivity and creates an uncomfortable work environment, it’s crucial to find a long-term solution to the problem.
If your business is experiencing any of the warning signs that indicate your system may need to be repaired or replaced, contact the team at Air Comfort. We’ll work with you to weigh the pros and cons of your options, so you can get the solution you need while saving money.
Share This Post
Air Comfort’s mission is to work closely with customers to provide a true “comfort level” for their businesses, with uninterrupted performance and round-the-clock reliability.